Saturday, May 26, 2007

Booksigning Tonight

Tonight I have a book signing at one of my favorite places, The Ghosts of Gettysburg Shop (http://www.ghostsofgettysburg.com/ ) on Baltimore Street in G-Burg. A bunch of my favorite writer friends will be there signing their books, too, which always makes it like a reunion of sorts. Cooler still, we are all going back to Shelley Sykes house to join a group around a bonfire in her yard to tell homespun ghost stories, roast marshmallows and hot dogs and stay up long past this old lady's bedtime! Ooooh... I can't wait!

Spring has sprung in the biggest way and I am loving it. How can anyone stay depressed when God's beauty is blazing all around us? I mowed grass today and kept stopping the mower to look at the baby birds in two nests, at a yellow and orange butterfly that was like none I'd seen before, and to admire my gigantic flower garden which is just now bursting into its own. This garden is my baby. It was started by my daughter as her 4-H project many years ago. A few of her original perennials remain; a rose bush, a butterfly bush, a pair of variegated Hosta and two baby's breath plants (which end up like big bushes by summer's end). I've added a line of Dianthus, which comes back every year and blooms all summer. In the front I planted some pansies, petunias and purple heather and it is all blooming now, looking like summer is here!

To add to the theme of spring, I walked outside yesterday afternoon moments after the mare foaled in the pasture that is right next to my yard. The owners weren't home, so I raced for my camera to take lots of pictures of its' first wobbly attempts to stand, and to find the teat and nurse. It is a chestnut filly with a white face and feet. The second foal this year. The first one is a palomino colt with four white feet, a flaxen mane and tail and a whirl of white in the middle of his forehead, born to his mother, Sassy about two weeks ago. How lucky they are to have one of each, a filly and a colt. The colt is big all over, but the filly is so tiny she walks under her mom, Foxy's belly! It cracks me up.

Well, it's time to get ready for the booksigning. If you are around, come over and say hello to all the authors and sign up for a ghost walk! We'd all love to see you!:

Yur Friend,
: >)
Lois Szymanski

No comments: